Treble Festival Registration
St. James Cathedral is thrilled to welcome Dr. Jeremy Filsell who will lead the annual Treble Festival on October 8-9, 2022. Dr. Filsell is the Organist and Director of Music at Saint Thomas Church in New York City where he leads their famous choir of men and boys. As part of the festival, the boy choristers from Saint Thomas will sing a concert at St. James Cathedral on Saturday evening and join festival participants for Evensong on Sunday.
The festival is open to children in grades 3 through 12 who sing the soprano part. The choristers will sing Evensong with the ATB from the Cathedral Choir and the choristers from Saint Thomas. Choirmasters are invited to observe Dr. Filsell working with the choristers on Saturday.
The cost to attend is $30 per chorister. Lunch on Saturday and admission to the Saturday evening concert is included for each festival participant.
Saturday, October 8
- 9:30 a.m. Welcome and tour of the Cathedral
- 10 a.m. Rehearsal
- 12 noon Lunch and fellowship time
- 12:45 p.m. Rehearsal until 2:30 p.m.
- 7:30 p.m. Concert: The Boys of Saint Thomas, Fifth Avenue
Sunday, October 9
- 2 p.m. Rehearsal
- 4 p.m. Evensong with the Boys of Saint Thomas and the Cathedral Choir ATB
- PETER HURFORD Truly the Lord is in this place
- WILLIAM BYRD Preces and Responses
- CHARLES WOOD Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis in E-flat (#2)
- GERRE HANCOCK Kindle the gift of God
- Music may be ordered from Lois Fyfe Music at (800) 851-9023. Hymns and Psalm provided by St. James
St. James Cathedral is located at the corner Huron and Wabash in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Choristers will assemble at the Welcome Center, just off the plaza behind the Cathedral apse. The Cathedral is easily accessible from the CTA Red Line and 145, 146, 147, and 151 busses. While the Cathedral does not have a parking lot, parking is available at Ohio Ontario Self Park (33 W Ontario) for $11 on Saturday, and the ROW Parking Garage (50 E Ohio Street) for $3 up to 6 hours on Sunday. Please see the desk attendant in the St. James Welcome Center for validation.
What To Bring
Each chorister must bring a copy of all the choral pieces, a black binder or folder, and their choir robe. Choristers must also wear black shoes on Sunday.
Each participant must complete the following by September 25, 2022:
- Submit a Registration form, including uploading a COVID-19 vaccine card and Parent Liability and Media Release
- Pay a $30 registration fee online
by mailing a check made payable to St. James Cathedral, 65 E Huron St, Chicago, IL 60611 with “2022 Treble Festival” and the chorister’s name in the memo line.