Diocesan Choir Festival
St. James Cathedral is delighted to welcome singers from throughout the Diocese to join the Cathedral Choir for Evensong on Sunday, October 22, 2023. Choral Evensong is one of the gems of the Anglican tradition and a wonderful opportunity to convene talented singers from the Episcopal churches of our region. Join us for this wonderful occasion!
- 2:30 p.m. Rehearsal begins in the Cathedral
- 3:30 p.m. Break in the Great Hall
- 4 p.m. Evensong
- 5:15 p.m. Reception in Kyle's Place
- AMY BEACH With prayer and supplication
- ALYEWARD Preces and Responses
- STANFORD Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis in C Major
- BAIRSTOW Blessed City, heavenly Salem
- Hymns and Psalm provided by St. James
St. James Cathedral is located at the corner Huron and Wabash in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. The Cathedral is easily accessible from the CTA Red Line and 145, 146, 147, and 151 busses. While the Cathedral does not have a parking lot, parking is available at the ROW Parking Garage (50 E Ohio Street) for $2 up to 6 hours on Sundays. Please see the desk attendant in the St. James Welcome Center for validation.
What To Bring
Each singer must bring a copy of all the choral pieces, a black binder or folder, their choir vestments, and black dress shoes.
Each participant must submit this registration form by October 15, 2023. All singers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Any further questions? E-mail Stephen Buzard, Canon Director of Music.