|8 a.m.||Holy Eucharist|
|9 a.m.||Holy Eucharist|
|11 a.m.||Holy Eucharist|
|4 p.m.||Evensong (First Sundays, Oct-Jun)|
|8:45 a.m.||Morning Prayer|
|12:10 p.m.||Holy Eucharist|
|5:45 p.m.||Evensong (Wednesdays)|
If you visit on Sundays, St. James is brimming with activity! There are typically three services, adult and youth formation classes, refreshments and conversation after each service, and other activities.
- Holy Eucharist at 8 a.m., sometimes called Mass or Holy Communion, is a spoken service in the intimacy of St. Andrew’s Chapel. If you like to be at church bright and early on Sunday mornings, this service is for you.
- Holy Eucharist at 9 a.m. is a service suitable for all ages but tailored to young families. Children actively engage in the readings, sermon, and Communion and the choristers lead music. If you have young children or are young at heart, this service is particularly inviting. Learn more about the 9 a.m. service.
- Faith formation classes at 10 a.m. for adults and children are held throughout the program year. While worship shapes how we live, formation informs how we worship. Learn about Dean's Forums for adults and Sunday School for children.
- Holy Eucharist at 11 a.m., sometimes called Mass or Holy Communion, is a grand, "cathedral" service. If great music with the Cathedral Choir and organ lift your spirit, this service is exceptionally artistic.
- Choral Evensong at 4 p.m. on the first Sunday of the month from October through June is a service with less congregational participation. The beauty of the scripture and song are enriching. If you would like to be still, listen, and pray, this service is for you.
If you visit on weekdays, the church is open during business hours with tourists and worshippers alike appreciating a peaceful, quiet space in the bustle of downtown Chicago.
- Morning Prayer at 8:45 a.m. is a simple, scripture-based act of worship that lasts around fifteen minutes. The service is a meaningful way of putting God into the structure of your mornings.
- Holy Eucharist at 12:10 p.m., sometimes called Mass or Holy Communion, is a brief service on weekdays. Usually lasting around thirty minutes, encounter Jesus in Word and in Sacrament during the mid-day.
- Choral Evensong at 5:45 p.m. on Wednesdays is a short, sung service of scripture and music led by the Cathedral Choristers. There is something powerful about praying at the end of the day.