Any worship service is the work of many hands and voices. Most St. James members volunteer their time as part of their commitment to the church. There are health and safety protocols in place to protect our lay volunteers for our in-person worship. Whatever your talents, you can contribute to the worship at St. James by emailing Lisa Hackney-James.
- Lectors are children and adults who read scripture during the service.
- Intercessors lead the prayers for the people for the church and the world.
- Acolytes are children and adults who carry out tasks to make our liturgies unfold gracefully.
- Chalice bearers administer the cup of wine during communion, saying, "the blood of Christ, the cup of salvation."
- Ushers distribute worship materials, provide resources to the differently-abled, and collect the offering at each service.
- Greeters invite and welcome people to St. James by fostering a sense of belonging and connecting people to each other and the church.
- Altar Guild members care for physical elements of our worship.