Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, public worship has been suspended at the Cathedral until further notice.
Any worship service is the work of many hands and voices. Most St. James members volunteer their time as part of their commitment to the church. Whatever your talents, you can contribute to the worship at St. James by emailing Lisa Hackney-James.
- Vergers are worship coordinators, ensuring that services unfold gracefully.
- Readers and intercessors are children and adults who recite Hebrew and Christian scripture as well as lead the congregation in prayers for the world.
- Acolytes are children and adults who carry crosses and torches as symbols of our faith in processions.
- Chalice bearers administer the cup of wine during communion, saying, "the blood of Christ, the cup of salvation."
- Ushers distribute worship materials, provide resources to the differently-abled, and collect the offering at each service.
- Greeters invite and welcome people to St. James by fostering a sense of belonging and connecting people to each other and the church.
- Altar Guild members care for physical elements of our worship. They have a love for tending to God's people and St. James.