Whether social advocacy inspires your faith or your worship motivates you to help others, you can get involved by emailing Steven Balke.
- Bishops Against Gun Violence: St. James joins 80 Episcopal bishops in urging our governments to adopt policies that will reduce the number of Americans killed and wounded by gunfire. With Bishop Lee, St. James hosts city-wide services of lament for those killed in Chicago and the nation.
- Reformation Project: St. James hosts the Chicago chapter of this scripture-based, Christian grassroots organization that promotes the continued inclusion of LGBTQ people in faith communities.
- Refugee Resettlement: Members of St. James joined RefugeeOne to co-sponsor a family from Syria in need of practical help and friendship as they adjust to their new setting here in our city.
- Interfaith Coalition Against Racism (ICAR): is a partnership with other faith communities in Chicago organizing training, forums, and conversations around systemic racism.
- Chicago Pride Parade: Members of St. James march in the Pride Parade to celebrate the freedom of all people to meaningfully and proudly express themselves, and the commitment of LGBT people to combat oppression.
- Resurrection Hope: A Future Where Black Lives Matter: Members of St. James have done an in-depth book study along with the Diocese of Chicago on Resurrection Hope.