At St. James Cathedral, we believe that the union of marriage, joining of two persons in heart, body, and mind is a sacred ceremony that acknowledges your commitment to a lifelong relationship.
Steps to schedule a wedding at St. James:
- Fill out the interest form.
- Wait one week to be contacted by a priest.
- Meet with a priest.
- Pay a deposit of half of the wedding fee.
- Weddings take place in the cathedral between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. on weekdays and Saturdays, except for the week after Easter, the week before Christmas, or on national holidays.
- A deposit of half of your wedding fee is due in order to confirm the date and time.
- The fee for weddings is $5,500. Discounts are available at the provost’s discretion for active, pledging members of the Episcopal Church.
- Music is arranged in consultation with the director of music.
Pay Deposit and Fee Online
You can easily pay your wedding deposit or final wedding fee online by selecting "Wedding Payment."
Read the full wedding policies and guidelines.