Health and Safety Protocols
Cathedral Health and Safety Protocols for In-Person Worship
We are glad to welcome you to St. James Cathedral. We are following the Center for Disease Control and City of Chicago guidelines for the COVID-19 pandemic, and so:
- At this time, ALL are required to wear masks except clergy and lay leaders when they are speaking or singing.
- For your information, the cathedral staff and choir have all been fully vaccinated.
- The side pews are reserved for those who wish to continue to be socially distanced.
- No one should feel obligated to pass the Peace by shaking hands. The recent practice of passing the Peace with a nod or a “peace sign” is entirely acceptable.
- For the time being, Communion will continue to be served in one kind (the bread) at standing stations instead of the altar rail.
- Singing is allowed if you remain masked.